https://ateamtransmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/technician-holding-dirty-air-filter-car-e1530984735323.jpg 337 600 satucker https://ateamtransmissions.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ateam-logo-300x137.png satucker2018-07-07 13:34:332018-07-07 13:34:338 DIY Car Maintenance Tips You Can Handle #1 – Air Filter
8 DIY Car Maintenance Tips You Can Handle #1 – Air Filter
1. Air Filter
- Tools You Need: None
- Time to Complete: 10 minutes
- Estimated Cost: $10
You need a new air filter for your car every 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. You can pay a mechanic and give up your car for a day, or you can replace your air filter at home in about ten minutes.
- First, find your filter under the hood of your car. It’s in a black rectangular box with metal clips on the side. Check your owner’s manual if you don’t see it as soon as you pop the hood.
- Open up the casing, and check out how the air filter fits inside it. Make a note of which way the filter faces.
- Remove the old air filter, and insert the new one exactly how the old one sat.
- Remember to close the metal clips when you’re done.
That’s it. For extra savings in the long run, you can extend the life of your new air filter by hitting it with some compressed air to clear out any debris.
Check back next week for Tip # 2.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!